We are home which is wonderful. Alec is doing well with his feeding tube. I have to hook him up at night and then 3 boluses during the day. He is eating, but very little. Today he slept alot, so much so that I phoned his neurologist. He isn't complaining of any headaches, but he is dizzy. He had an episode earlier where he kind of gazed out the window and I asked him if he was okay and he wasn't there with me, weird. And then he looked at me and didn't make eye contact, you could tell he was not feeling right. At that point he said he was dizzy. I took his temperature and it was normal. He can't sit without support, so I put his walker in front of him at the kitchen table to act as a barrier and a pillow behind him and a no slip pad on the chair (we have wooden chairs, very slippery). It is working out very well, he was drawing Darth Vader yesterday and Luke Skywalker, what else is new, my little Jedi.
Okay while I was typing this his neurologist phoned me back, she said he is probably still adjusting to the shunt and the pressure. When he gets up gravity takes over for the shunt.
Well my little man is calling me and Sean just woke up also, off I go. By the way I can't believe how many butterflies we have gotten. I havn't actually counted all of them yet but it's definitely in the neighborhood of 1,000+. Thank you so much! I don't think he has enough ceiling or wall space for them :0)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment