We are finally home agin from yet another hospital stay. Dr.'s still anxious to put Alec through another surgety, a shunt. He had an MRI that still revealed some swelling to the brain and radiation effects to the brain tumor site. Another spinal tap still negative for disease, thank goodness and very little pressure.
Alec continues to have a really hard time walking, he can only walk with help. His speech is still slured pretty bad, we often have to have him repeat himself. He is still trembeling in his hands and his head. His memory is shaddy to, he was upset today becase he couldn't remember how to play his all time favorite game, Lego Star Wars. I wonder if this is why he doesn't ask to play x-box any more. Even in the hospital he never asked for a game system. His memory is really bad. That is actually what prompted our hospital stay. He was on the kichen chair asking for a tissue (he has a little runny nose) so I wiped his nose and he pushed my hand away. He said No, a tissue, so I tried to wipe his nose again. He was really upset and started to cry, he said No, I want a tissue, so I thought I was giving him the wrong tissue, so I took his hand and said show me which one you want. He walked over to the Christmas tree and pointed to a candy cane.
Then in the car on the way to his holistic Dr. he kept asking for chicken nuggets in the diaper bag, they were his veggie chips )like potato chips) So I called his Dr. and they admitted him right away. He is still having a hard time, but is clinically stable so we were allowed home.
We met with Dr. Atlas, and as of today, Alec is on more chemo. He started the Metronomic therapy today. I was so nervous this morning mixing his chemo together, but tonight I felt a little more comfortable. Alec has no signs of vommiting, yet.
His eating is still fairly poor, I have to cook soups and puree them, then he drinks them. He is on a solely organic diet. We had to cancel our appointment with his holistic Dr. and his ENT this week because of our hospital stay so I have to reschedule them this week.
Great News >>>>>>
Our friend Hannah finishes her last round of chemo this Monday!! Hannah you are so strong, keep up the good work beautiful! If you want to meet our friend, go to her website:
http://hannahpro.blogspot.com
Alec just called me down stairs to turn on his SpongeBob nightlight, he smiled ear to ear when it went on, uhh it was such a sight.
Well keep happy thoughts.
Amy
xoxo
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment