Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hello Again

Hello all, yes I actually have a minute between baths to drop you a line of update :0) We went for another bike ride, about 40 min. On the back of Alec's bike there is this little trunk and a third strap which he doesn't use and I actually strapped Sean into it and he came for a ride also. It was so funny, I took a picture, I'll try to upload it later. Alec thought it was funny also he was grinning ear to ear.

We had our clinic visit today, all went well, counts continue to rise, although those stinky lymphocytes kind of dragged, I was actually a little disappointed. He was accessed today and did very well with it, they drew a complete immune function on him and crp and vitamin D level. I of course was told I have to get endocrin involved because of decreasing the decadrone, i've been good though, very slow. Anyway they truly are vampires, it was about 8 vials they had to fill. I am hoping his t-cells are up, it takes a few days to get the results back, I'll let you know.

On a depressing side while I was there I ran into a Mom, forgive me but her name escapes me. Her daughter was recently diagnosed with Wilms, I met her during one of Alec's stays in the hospital, Willms is a solid tumor that spread from the kidney to the lungs. Fortunately Wilms is a very curable childhood cancer. While I was there I saw she had 2 blue sheets in her hand, these sheets are given to us to schedule our next appointments, well let me correct myself we are given 1 not 2. I was puzzled and asked her how everything was and she told me her brother, the little girls brother was diagnosed with the same, a peach size tumor found on his kidney. This was only discovered because she questioned her pediatrician to have him checked out, no signs or anything mind you, nothing!! Of course I freaked out in the car, I mean it is bad enough that Kevin has been getting headaches lately, alot. I am waiting for his pediatrician to call me back. Mark told me to calm down he might just need glasses. I mean this is it, once cancer enters your life it's like you can't escape it. All we can do is research, research, research! Luckily I have been able to reach out to so many supporters and look into so many other possible cancer cures or immune boosters outside of prescriptions. The down fall is they are so expensive, it's a shame that insurance doesn't cover it, but there are just some things the gov't can't control and the supplements that Alec is on is one of them. Luckily we are truly blessed to have supporters such as Joey's friends to help us, thank you so much guys!!!
Well I have to run Alec's bath is ready. Keep the faith.

Love,
Amy

No comments: