Although Alec appears to have an appetite, he claims to still not be able to taste anything. I continue to just puree his food with his shake. His weight is maintained, not losing not gaining. I am tempted to bump up his calories a little. He keeps asking for food but when we get if for him or make a meal he wants, nothing. He just spits it out and says he doesn't taste anything.
I ask him what he tastes when he drinks his shakes, I mean after all they are gross, he says nothing just the shake.
I spoke to Chrissy and she said Stanley is tasting food, I'm sorry for those who don't know Stanley, he is an awesome kid we met along the way, he also had a transplant because his cancer relapsed.
I spoke to Alec's Dr. again and they said as long as he is taking the shakes it's fine, as a mother it's not natural to see your grown son not chewing and swallow food. Sometimes I wonder if he is to tired for the effort it involves to chew and swallow food. Is it is easier just to have Mom feed me through the syringe. I am going to start having him drink the shake on his own, as oppose to me hand feeding him, maybe that might encourage him to eat.
Other than that he is just enjoying being home. His favorite teacher started tutoring him again, everyday he asks is Ms. Moran coming today? Academically he is doing well.
We don't have clinic next week, yay. His counts are really good. His platelets went from 93 to 275 on his own, yay!! Go Platelets, Go platelets!
I am sorry I havn't updated sooner but between feeding him, meds, cleaning, Sean and Kevs homework, time runs out. Thanks for all the e-mails though. It took me forever to go through all of them tonight.
Till next time
-Amy xoxox
Please keep our friends in your prayers, Hannah (8), Stanley (8), Teeya (7, I think), Danny (3), Denton (11), Joseph (3), and Gwyn (2) in your prayers as well. Some sweet friends we have met on the way.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alec & all the friends you have met along the way ~ you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Keep getting stronger Alec!! We are rootung for you.
Amy you are an amazing woman, your strengh is remarkable.
Post a Comment