Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We Are Home!!

It has been a long time coming. Although Alec's fight is far from over 5 years and counting, the Dr.'s feel he is strong enough to come home. His meds are as follows:
Acyclovir
Fluconazole
Xopenex
Pulmicort
Previcid
Phenergen
Zofran
Tyonal
Magnesium
Megase
Bactrim
He is still not eating anything!!! I have to make him special shakes 3 times a day, he drinks them with no complaints. Although Alec has never complained about anything in his life. This morning he tried a scrambled egg and spit it out and then we tried Cocoa Puffs and spit it out. I have made his favorite foods and even foods he never really liked, and still nothing. The Dr. said just keep going with the shakes. I am now adding more ice cream to them and I even snuck in some peanut butter in this mornings batch. I know he didn't get his taste buds back yet because he didn't even notice the peanut butter flavoring.
He is sleeping alot. He has alot of leg pain, his Dr.'s want him to start in home physical therapy, so I am making arrangements for that.
His hearing continues to decline, it is inevitable he will need hearing aids. At the present time I have a baby monitor in the living room and keep the other half near me so I can speak to him through the monitor or else I am yelling. The T.V. is usually blasting when it's on. I can't take him to the Speech and Hearing center yet, his Dr.s are not comfortable with me taking him any where but to clinic.
His blood pressure has been beautiful lately, I just took it before I sat down to type this 99/65 :0) and of course no temperature. His numbers and ANC continue to climb. He is even producing his own platelets now, he went from 79 to 93 on his own, yay!! He is usually transfused at 30. I tried uploading some pictures before but it didn't work, I'll try again when I can. Well I have to run, baby needs a bottle and Alec is due for medication.
Love to all,
Amy

2 comments:

Kim Prokop said...

Hi Alec,

we are so HAPPY to hear that you are back home. That must be wonderful! It sounds like you are keeping mom very busy. Keep getting stronger and stronger! We hope to see you at clinic one day.
love, Hannah and Kim

Anonymous said...

SO Happy to hear that you have come home!!! Keep getting stronger and stonger. In our thoughts and prayers.