Hi all,
I know it has been a while since my last post, time and my days go by so fast. Alec has just started round 3 of his new chemo protocol. He is fairing it okay, we had some bouts of vomiting which comes with the chemo territory. He is back on phenergen and doing pretty well with it. He is still on Acyclovir and Bactrim. We go on Friday for his MRI, I am so nervous. I found out the imaging center down the road from his hospital can scan the brain and complete spine in one day and in just over an hour. It is a newer machine and they don't have to switch out and coils and move him. It's amazing what you are not told unless you complain and talk to hospital administration.
In any case, I am still waiting for his latest t-cell counts from his transplant to see how his immune functions are recouping, but....
They lost his blood AGAIN!!!!!
7 vials need to be drawn from him a 3rd time!!!
His wholistic Dr. is great, he continues to follow his organic diet, although from the vomiting bouts he has lost some weight. He is doing well with his walker, and he looks so handsome in his hearing aids.
Disney was amazing, very hard but amazing. We made one trip to the childrens hospital for his weekly counts which were really good, his anc is 2,900. His platelets and red blood cells keep regenerating and no transfusions have been needed lately.
Well my time is up I must start cooking dinner. I will try to write more tomorrow.
Enjoy some Disney photos until then.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment