Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Genetic Testing

Well thanks to my new electronic friend Nancy, I started to explore genetic testing on Alec's initial brain tumor. As it turns out there is a gene linked to breast cysts/tumors and brain tumors; both cancerous and not. I was reading about this one family, I can't even go into detail it just brings tears to my eyes, and I have to stay positive. But it without a doubt needs to be tested.
These genetic finds are being targeted as a way of treatment. Research is always an on going battle, I am just so afraid to miss something. It's amazing how fast 2 a.m really rolls around.
In any case this is the eve of Alec's MRI. I remain confident and of course nervous. Alec of course is just psyched to have sleepy juice tomorrow, hmm should I worry now :0)
He is having a good day, eating here and there. He had fun today playing ball with Jack. He is so good with him, he knows to be gentle with him, it's so cute to watch them together and the smile he brings to his face I can't even tell you.
I set up an exercise bike for him which he really enjoys, I brought his bike in the kitchen op[ened the blinds to the sliding glass doors and propped his training wheel up on an encyclopedia so now when he peddles, the back wheel just turns and he gets some sun light at the same time. He has the coolest exercise bike around, he puts on his sun glasses, it's so cute.
Well thats it for now.
Below is a poem from one of our friends blogs, it keeps me strong so I wanted to share it with you:
Cancer you monster
let go of my son,

We won't let you take him,
don't think you have won.

Thought you could sneak in
like a thief in the night,

Trample our spirit,
then take my child's life.

You started this battle
but we'll win this war,

We caught you red handed,
you'll live no more.

We fight you with chemo
it's making him ill,

Your time here is short,
its you this will kill.

With courage and faith
his fear he'll walk through,

There is no surrender,
just the death of you!

No comments: