Saturday, January 5, 2008

Started New Chemo

It was a rough start this morning. Alec's retnoic acid comes in the form of a pill with liquid in side. Usually they are capsules and I pop them open or pills I melt in water, but no... the pill is the size and shape of a jelly bean to give you an idea. I tried popping a hole in it and squeezing out the liquid but it's a thick liquid and alot was left over in side that I could not get to. So we dreaded it but we had to get Alec to swallow this pill. A huge chore, he kept swallowing the water but not the pill. After about 30 min. and 3 pills later. I kept taking them out after a few tries because he would attempt to chew it and I didn't want it to burst then we are stuck with how much did he get and should we give him another pill. Finally he did it, in tears, but did it. The chemo was easy enough I just dissolved it in water and gave it to him.
He is doused in Aquphor right now and chap stick, I have been reading how much the retnoic acid dries out your skin. He had his zofran and is doing well. Actually playing x-box lego star wars with Kevin right now.
Well I'll keep you posted.
Keep the faith.
xoxo
-Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are on an up right now. Hopefully it will continue on an upward trend. Forever in our thoughts and prayers.