Let's see to give all of our family and friends a quick recap. Hyperbaric is almost done, a very bitter sweet thing, we have made some wonderful friends that I hope will remain in our lives forever. They are amazing there. His swallow therapy is going really well, slow moving but we are making progress. The vital stim I think is really helping him. I am told it will be a long tme coming before he will be able to eat and swallow enough to meet his nutritional needs, so Mark and I are looking into the g-tube. His swallow therapist, Steve Astrofsky, said he didn't think he would need to be intabated as previously mentioned, something we are going to look into.
Alec got his braces for his legs and right hand. His braces are sooo cool they have spiderman all over them, and they were really helping him. I say was because his PT, Ms. Eileen said to have them tweeked a little bit so now we are waiting to get them back, she knows best on how they would benefit Alec, she is wonderful, we are really luck to have such amazing and caring people in our lives.
His speech I think has improved, seems a bit clearer.
Well he is calling me, I'll try to update later!
Bye for now.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As akwats,,,,,you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment