Clinic visit was quick, really quick. The longest part was the drive, it took us and hour and a half to get there when usually it's an hour to the minute. In any case visit went, ahh okay. We met with Dr. Atlas, I was bummed to see his lymphocytes only at .9 normal range is 2.5- 3.5. His over all count was higher in his last blood draw, but still down. And Quest LOST his mitogen response blood. What idiots, they do this all the time, I mean scary who is behind the scenes sometimes.
We were advised to keep him on his Acyclovir and Bactrim for this reason. Dr. Atlas wants to retest his cholesterol, lymphocytes next month. I also want to have another cr-p done. He kind of took that finding with a grain of salt, if there is inflammation anywhere his cr-p will be elevated. Our concern is there should be no inflammation. But he was probably just getting at it doesn't necessarily mean tumor. Which is good, we like that thinking but still get nervous.
Alec's MRI are scheduled for the beginning of August, we are having them done without sleepy juice a.k.a sedation. Anesthesia will be on hand in the event he needs it. There is a continued growing concern with this because with each scan he has pauses in his breathing more and more which means we are getting closer to them saying he has to be admitted and intebated, something we don't want or Alec. I pray he will do okay with this.
On an even more nerve racking note, as some of you know Marks job hit some extremely scary times, alot of lay offs. They are down to a skeleton crew. We have weathered a huge pay cut including no more commissions. Now we get word health insurance changes.
I know that his company has to do what is best for them to keep them a float but we have hit rock bottom. Our normal household bills are the same with less income and now a possible plan includes a prescription cap of only $3,000 ad I'm not sure on medical yet. Mark has been feeding me all this information to contact Dr.'s, Specialist, Surgeons, Medical supply places to see if they take this new insurance. As it turns out they do which is good; but we will have $500 deductible for each hospital/er visit, $50 copay for Dr.'s and then the prescription cap. According to our medical supply place, between his feeding pump, oxygen, ng tubes, syringes, pulse ox machine, bipap machine, suction machine just to name a few we will be maxed out in 2 months.
We'll see nothing is in place yet, Mark is still asking alot of questions. And our new Social Worker, Lauren, at the hospital is a tremendous help, once I get some paperwork on this she's gonna help us sort through it.
We've been doing some talking and it pretty much comes dow to if Mark looses his job, a move to North Carolina might be inevitable. I'm looking at a children's hospital down there, Levine. Checking out schools and where Alec would go. It's just to hard to live here on Long Island, Mark doesn't want to do the city run and I can't blame him. Plus, the commute from our house, forget about it.
Anyhow, on a brighter note we had a nice day at the beach the other day, Alec made sand castles, Kevin was catching some horseshoe crabs and finding shiny shells and giving them to Alec. Sean on the other hand is a beast, haha. He's 2 what more can I say. It's quit comical at times.
He is getting speech services, still not speaking a whole lot. I'm sure he just needs some more time. Well Alec is calling me and we have some running to do.
Take care.
-Amy
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment